Dear Folks, due to a stadium scheduling mix up, our rehearsal time for this Saturday the 20th has been moved to 10:30 AM to 1:30. Please understand that this mix up was out of our control due to a computer error with facilities. Thank you for understanding this last minute adjustment. Please have your student bring plenty of water, sunscreen and snacks for our breaks.
Message from the Camp Committee –
Band and Orchestra Camp begins the week of August 11th
The Camp Committee is hard at work organizing and preparing for this wonderful week to kick-off the 2014 Marching Season and Orchestra season.
Below are some important dates and information.
*Packets will not be mailed out. Please plan on having your child’s packet picked up by an adult.
Completed packets can be turned in at one of the following dates and times:
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES FOR BAND, COLOR GUARD, AND ORCHESTRA (Location: Band Room)
- · Saturday, August 9th – 9:00am-1:00pm
- · Monday, August 11th – 7:00am-7:30am and 6:30pm-7:30pm
- · Tuesday, August 12th – 7:00am-7:30am
Please Note: Medical form(s) need to be filled out and MUST be signed by a parent at registration
VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS NEEDED
Lunch will be provided at band camp, Tuesday, August 12th-Monday, August 18th and orchestra camp, Wednesday, August 13th-Friday, August 15th.
In order to keep the cost of band camp affordable, we are seeking 1) donations of various lunch items and 2) volunteers to help with Set-up, Serve Lunch and Clean-up.This is a GREAT way for parents to get to know each other and see how band works. Plus it’s FUN!
Please go to https://www.volunteersignup.org/BDJJF to see how you can help and sign up to volunteer and/or donate for Band/Orchestra Camp.
The attire for the Band Camp concert is the Official Mt. Carmel red polo shirt. This polo is part of the Marching Sundevils uniform. If you need to order one, please click on the link below for the order form. (Orders are due by August 5th in order to arrive in time for the concert.)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: BAND AND ORCHESTRA CAMP DATES & TIMES
Monday, August 11th
- 7:30am – 3:30pm Band Camp week starts for Incoming Freshman, New Students to Band, Color Guard & Leaders
- (Please bring your own lunch)
- 7:00 – 8:00pm New Parent Meeting for all Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Students in Band Room
Tuesday, August 12
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Camp starts for all Band and Color Guard Students
Wednesday, August 13
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Camp continues for all Band and Color Guard Students
- 10:00am – 2:00pm Camps starts for all Orchestra Students
- Orchestra students must be registered by their parent Monday or Tuesday. There is no registration on Wednesday.
Thursday, August 14
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Band Camp continues
- 10:00am – 2:00pm Orchestra Camp continues
Friday, August 15
- 8:00am – 4:00pm Band Camp continues
- 10:00am-2:00pm Orchestra Camp continues
Band, Color Guard, Orchestra Students & Families
- 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Potluck at the MC Stadium
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm, Concert – MC Stadium
Monday, August 18
8:00am – 3:00pm Band Camp continues
**PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENT BRING SUNSCREEN & PLENTY TO DRINK EACH DAY**
Please remember to go to https://www.volunteersignup.org/BDJJF to sign up for volunteer shifts and donations. Thank you in advance for your generosity! For volunteer/donation questions, please contact Lisa Woods at email@example.com
We are looking forward to another great year!
We are still looking for new Color Guard Team Members and new Band /Orchestra members!
Please contact Mr. McPherson if you would like to join our Guard, Band or Orchestra at:
It is not too late to get in on the fun…Time is running out soon!
We are going to Ireland Spring Break 2015!
We can still take more students and family members too!
Click on the Ireland link on the left side of the site for more information and come join what promises to be a great trip!
Saturday, June 7th, 2014
The California Center for the Arts
340 North Blvd.
Escondido, Ca 92025
· Come early and reserve a seat
· Dinner Begins at 6:00 pm
· Soda and adult beverages available for purchase
This year we will be having a Silent Auction, Raffle tickets and Balloon Pops for sales!
**Be sure to bring some spending money!**
**There are some incredible deals and one of kind items to bring home**
~Dancing will be from 9-11pm. Shoes are required for the dance floor so be sure your student brings along a comfy pair of shoes for dancing.
· Take I-15 North
· Exit at Valley Parkway and turn right
· Turn left on to Escondido Blvd.
· The Center is 2 ½ blocks down on the right.
· There is a Drop-off circle (located just a few feet from the banquet entrance) on Escondido Blvd, just north of Valley Ctr. Pkwy.
· Parking is on the right, one block further north off Escondido Blvd.
See you Saturday,
New workshop/Auditions are now Monday June 2nd through Friday June 6th!
Color Guard Team auditions and workshop are Monday through Friday beginning June 2nd at 4:00-6:00 PM in the Mt. Carmel Band Room. T-building.
Meet our new Advisor Brent Dunlap and find out how to join this award winning dance/flag and riffle team. The Mt. Carmel Color Guard Team perform with the largest organization on campus, The Marching Sundevils! Come see how much fun and exciting the world of Color Guard is and join the team!
Please send 1 to 4 photos (individual or group) to be included in the Senior Slideshow, which will be shown during the 2014 Music Banquet Award ceremony on Saturday, June 7.
Send to: 19RDH92@gmail.com
Due date: Monday, June 2, 2014
World famous Jazz Trumpeter, Arturo Sandoval will perform at Mt. Carmel’s Theater At The Mount Thursday, May 29th at 7:00 PM. Come and enjoy a very special concert with one of the premier trumpet players of our time. Mr. Sandoval will be accompanied by the Mt. Carmel and Mesa Verde Jazz Bands!
Click here for Arturo Sandoval bio.
Tickets are $20.00 to the public. There is ticket special pricing for PUSD students of $15.00. Stay tuned here for more details…
Car Wash Fundraiser for the 2014 Banquet Ceremony
Sunday, June 1st
Albertson’s (Rancho Penasquitos)
10:00am – 4:00pm
All help is greatly appreciated for this fundraising event.
There will be three shifts:
· 10:00 am to 12:00 pm 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm· 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Students and Parents – please click link below to sign up
Questions? Please email Terri Martinez at 19RDH92@gmail.com Water and snacks will be provided. Thanks for your help.